Nail Fungus Laser Treatment
Dr. Buffone is now offering laser therapy for nail fungus. Nail fungus is difficult to erradicate because the fungus grows under the nail plate in the nail bed. Topical medications have a very low sucess rate in treating this condition. Oral drug therapy is effective in about 65-70 percent of patients. However, there are potential side effects from the medicationn, including liver toxicity. Laser therpy is safe and effective.
Do your toenails appear yellow, brittle or thickened?
Then perhaps you suffer from a toenail infection, a condition that will continue to worsen over time if measures are not taken to stop the infection. Pain in your toenails might be an end result. Toenail infections can be caused by heavy foot perspiration, poor shoe/sock ventilation or walking barefoot in damp areas such as a gym or locker room. Until now, the only solutions for unsightly toenail infections were to surgically remove the nail and apply topical treatments, which have a known poor success rate; or more recently, prescription medications, which have many potentially dangerous side effects and require blood tests.
Lasers are the latest treatment for your ugly unsightly toenail infections.
The mid-infrared laser wavelength penetrates the nail and the nail bed, eliminating the destructive nasty infection thus allowing your own body to revitalize your own nail naturally as it grows out clean clear and healthy.
Never a need for needles or local anesthetic with the toenail laser procedure
Your toenails will be cleaned and filed prior to the laser treatment. As each toe is treated with the painless laser you might at most feel a mild, warming sensation, most people feel absolutely nothing. The laser treatment will take under 10 minutes to treat both feet and there is usually no discomfort during or after the treatment. Your physician will discuss post-treatment care to avoid unsightly unwanted re-infections.
You will notice results within 6-12 months, depending on how quickly your toenails grow. New, clear growth begins to appear at the bottom portion of your nail as the diseased portion of the nail grows out.
You may return to your normal daily routine immediately after your toenail treatment, including painting your nails or pedicure treatments. Go enjoy the outdoors, play sports, exercise or just enjoy yourself. It's time you can finally relax and not be self conscious.
Is the Treatment Painful? Is it Safe?
- The toenail laser provides a comfortable safe controlled treatment . There are no known side effects to this treatment.
Will the Treatment Hurt?
- Some people feel a warm tingling sensation.
How Long Does the Treatment Take?
- The treatment takes just under ten minutes. The typical protocol is to perform a total of 3 treatments over 3 months. Dr Buffone will then monitor the nail growth over the following 9 months.
Will this Treatment be Covered by Insurance?
- Laser treatment of nail and skin conditions is considered an aesthetic, cosmetic procedure by all insurance companies with coverage denied. The cost is 195.00 dollars for the treatment of 1 nail. There is an additional cost of 100 dollars per each additional nail. The maximum cost is 695.00. The entire fee is paid at the time of the initial treatment treatment.
How Soon Will I See Improvement?
- On average, a toenail will replace itself every 9-12 months. Healthy new growth will be visible within the 6 months as your nails continue to grow following the laser treatment.
Does It Really Work?
- Yes. Lasers for ugly unsightly toenail infections have a 3 plus year track record that is very impressive. Patients are pleased, happy and no longer embarrassed by their ugly unsightly toenail infections. Patients have stated they are now wearing sandals which they have not worn for many years because of their ugly unsightly toes.
» Back to Top