5 Reasons You Should Consider Orthotics
For many people, the word “orthotics” conjures up the image of ugly, beige foot blocks. But that couldn’t be farther from the truth, and today Dr. William Buffone of North Fork Podiatry/Three Village Podiatry is explaining why.
Whether in the form of discreet inserts or shoes that come in a variety of styles and colors, orthotics help many people enjoy more vibrant, active lives.
Why Should You Consider Foot Orthotics?
1. They make your feet more comfortable. When your feet are painful, you just want relief. But what sometimes gets disregarded are the additional psychological and physiological advantages of relieving pain. It can drain both energy and will, and effectively managing this pain can lead to a more comfortable life.
2. They can provide comfort to other parts of your body as well. An abnormal gait in your ankles and feet can place unfamiliar strain on your knees, back or hips. If you experience pain in these areas, orthotics - which correct the balance of weight over the feet – can also provide comfort elsewhere in the body!
3. They can boost your performance. Having properly aligned feet can increase the effectiveness of your performance, meaning that your muscles, tendons, and ligaments can perform better using less energy.
4. They can improve performance at work. If you stand on your feet all day and suffer from foot pain, orthotics can be life-changing! A lack of support can lead to lasting foot pain and muscle fatigue, leaving you more tired than you should be.
5. They can prevent worse problems in the future. If you are living with diabetes or are developing a deformity such as hammertoes or bunions, custom orthotics can help guard against complications. By offering proper alignment and support to your feet, foot orthotics can help prevent toe irregularities from worsening over time.
One of the best things about orthotics is the fact that they are custom-made. Custom orthotics are molded to your feet and provide just the right amount of correction and support where you need it.
Don’t let ankle and foot pain dictate how you live your life. Contact the office of Dr. William Buffone of North Fork Podiatry/Three Village Podiatry today to schedule a consultation or to get fitted for your custom orthotics.
You can reach Three Village Podiatry at (631) 474-3338, North Fork Podiatry (Southold) at (631) 765-6777 or North Fork Podiatry (Riverhead) at (631) 419-7107 today or schedule your appointment online.